Data that does not exist can not be stolen, compromised or shared.
When it comes to privacy, NOC.org subscribes to a simple philosophy: Data that does not exist can not be stolen, compromised or shared.
Who we are
NOC.org was built by network, system and security professionals with a desire to solve interesting network and security problems. We built this platform to solve our own problems, and share it with the world to help solve theirs.
Our website is: https://noc.org
Who this Policy Applies to
This Policy applies to NOC.org collection, use, and disclosure of the information of the following categories of data subjects:
- Attendees: Those who provide their information to NOC.org or NOC.org representatives when they attend or register to attend NOC.org events or other events at which NOC.org participates.
- Website Visitors: Those who visit our Websites and who may opt to provide an email address to receive communications from NOC.org. For the purposes of this Policy, “Websites” shall refer collectively to NOC.org, and any other websites NOC.org owns and that link to this Policy.
- Customers: Those who register on their own or on behalf of an entity or organization to use the NOC.org networking platform, including administrators on a Customer account. For the purposes of this Policy, “Services” shall refer to all of the cloud-based solutions offered, marketed or sold by NOC.org or its authorized partners that are designed to increase the performance, security and availability of Internet properties, applications and networks, along with any software, software development kits and application programming interfaces (“APIs”) made available in connection with the foregoing.
- End Users: Those who access or use our Customers’ networks whom are configured to use our Authoritative DNS, or CDN, whose information we process in order to provide the Services to our Customers pursuant to our agreements with them.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Name, email address, and other contact information. We may ask for and—at your option—collect personal information from you when you submit web forms on our Websites, including opportunities to sign up for and agree to receive email communications from us. We also may ask you to submit such personal information if you choose to use interactive features of the Websites, including participation in surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, requesting customer support, or otherwise communicating with us. We will send such communications in accordance with applicable law.
- Log Files. Just as when you visit and interact with most websites and services delivered via the Internet, when you visit our Websites, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include but is not limited to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, system configuration information, URLs of referring pages, and locale and language preferences. This data is deleted automatically and never shared with anyone.
- Interactive Areas. The Websites may offer publicly accessible blogs, community forums, comments sections, discussion forums, or other interactive features (“Interactive Areas”). If you choose to participate in any of these Interactive Areas, please be aware that any information that you post in an Interactive Area might be read, collected, and used by others who access it. If you wish to remove your personal information from any of our Interactive Areas, please see the Section 8, below.
WHAT WE DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION
NOC.org only processes personal information in a way that is compatible with and relevant to the purpose for which it was collected or authorized.
As a general matter, for all categories of data described in Section 2 above we may use the information (including personal information, to the extent applicable) to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote the Website and Services for all users of the Website and Services;
- Enable you to access and use the Website and Services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Send transactional messages, including responses to your comments, questions, and requests; provide customer service and support; and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Send commercial communications, in accordance with your communication preferences, such as providing you with information about products and services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events about us and our partners; and send other news or information about us and our partners. See Section 9 below for information on managing your communication preferences.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Websites and Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Comply with legal obligations as well as to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize the Websites and Services, including by providing features or content that match your interests and preferences; and
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
Information from Third Party Services. We may combine information we collect as described above with personal information we obtain from third parties. For example, we may combine information entered on a NOC.org sales submission form with information we receive from a third-party sales intelligence platform vendor to enhance our ability to market our Services to Customers or potential Customers.
NOTICE TO EU RESIDENTS.
NOC.org is a data controller for the Personal Data collected from all categories of data subjects listed above except for the Personal Data of End Users. NOC.org processes the Personal Data of End Users on behalf of its Customers.
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), the United Kingdom or Switzerland, please note that our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. We normally will collect personal information from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) where we need your personal information to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the NOC.org Services you have requested), or (c) where the processing is in our legitimate interests. Please note that in most cases, if you do not provide the requested information, NOC.org will not be able to provide the requested service to you.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, you have the right to object.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Specifically, we do not permit our Service Providers to sell any personal information we share with them or to use any personal information we share with them for their own marketing purposes or for any purpose other than in connection with the services they provide to us.
In addition to sharing with Service Providers as described above, we also may share your information with others in the following circumstances:
- With our resellers and other sales partners who may help us distribute the Services to Customers;
- In the event of a merger, sale, change in control, or reorganization of all or part of our business;
- When we are required to disclose personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. (Learn more about how we handle law enforcement requests here);
- As you may otherwise consent from time to time.
Notice to California Residents: We do not sell, rent, or share personal information with third parties as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (California Civil Code Sec. 1798.100 et seq.), nor do we do not sell, rent, or share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes as defined under California Civil Code Sec. 1798.83.
INTERNATIONAL INFORMATION TRANSFERS.
NOC.org is a U.S.-based, global company. We primarily store your information in the United States and the European Economic Area. To facilitate our global operations, we may transfer and access such information from around the world, including from other countries in which NOC.org has operations for the purposes described in this Policy.
If you are accessing or using our Websites or Services or otherwise providing information to us, you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal information to the United States and other jurisdictions in which we operate.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- Attendees, Website Visitors, Customers, and Registrants: You have the right to access, correct, update, export, or delete your personal information. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any such subject access requests (“SAR”), and we will respond within thirty (30) days. Customers also can access, correct, export, or update their Account Information by editing their profile or organization record at noc.org.
- End Users: NOC.org has no direct relationship with End Users. Accordingly, we rely upon our Customers to comply with the underlying legal requirements for subject access requests. If an End User requests that we access, correct, update, or delete their information, or no longer wishes to be contacted by one of our Customers that use our Services, we will direct that End User to contact the Customer website(s) with which they interacted directly. Our Customers are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to their website users.
For any SAR, we will need to verify a requestor is inquiring about their own information before we can assist. Where a SAR may implicate the personal data of another individual, we must balance the request against the risk of violating another person’s privacy rights. We will comply with SARs to the extent required by applicable law or the US-Swiss or US-EU Privacy Shield. In the EEA, the United Kingdom and Switzerland, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
NOC.org will send you commercial communications based on the communication preferences in your account settings. NOC.org also will send you service-related communications. You may manage your receipt of commercial communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of such emails, through your account settings if you have a NOC.org account, or you may send a request to email@example.com.
DATA SECURITY, DATA INTEGRITY AND ACCESS.
We take all reasonable steps to protect information we receive from you from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and/or destruction. We have put in place appropriate physical, technical and administrative measures to safeguard and secure your information, and we make use of privacy-enhancing technologies such as encryption. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES.
If we make changes to this Policy that we believe materially impact the privacy of your personal data, we will promptly provide notice of any such changes (and, where necessary, obtain consent), as well as post the updated Policy on this website noting the effective date of any changes.
We may assign or transfer this Policy, as well as information covered by this Policy, in the event of a merger, sale, change in control, or reorganization of all or part of our business.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE CONTROLS.
Non-English translations of this Policy are not provided right now. The English version is authoritative and controls.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data-use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Attention: Data Protection Officer
220 Adams Drive
Suite 280 #304
Weatherford, Texas 76086